The Kindergarten Program at Valley Christian Schools is academically focus through appropriate themes and activities making learning engaging and fun. Your child will experience a faith, learning, community within an environment that is designed for their success. The tools implemented in our reading program has most of our kindergartners reading before the end of the school year. We offer mathematical concepts with hands on learning activities to provide kinetic learning. Our kindergarten students have the great fortune of participating in specialty classes which include library, music, P.E. and computers. Our teachers emphasize positive action for Christ to help develop their Christian character.
- Art — Classes offered weekly.
- Bible — Positive Action for Christ and weekly family chapel includes praise, worship, and special speakers.
- Computer Lab — Available for all Kindergartners under class instruction and supervision.
- Language Arts — A Beka phonics and use of Writer’s Workshop model program develops strong preparation for reading.
- Math — A Beka with hands-on activities.
- Music — Classes offered weekly.
- Physical Education — Classes offered weekly.
- Special Thematic Units — Fall Harvest, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Weather, Insects, Health & Safety, Food & Nutrition, Community Helpers & Occupations and more.
- A healthy identity in Christ embracing God’s love and respecting others as His divine creation.
- A heart and mind cultivated in God’s truth and love.
- A desire to worship God through service to others.
- A biblical worldview to guide personal behavior and life choices.
- Character building that establishes leadership qualities to lead this world to Christ.
- School Hours- 8:15am—3:15pm
- PART TIME: at least 3 days per week incorporating day Wednesday
- FULL TIME: 4 Day Week Program (Monday -Thursday except following Monday holiday)
keep my words
and store up my commands within you.
Keep my commands and you will live;
guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.
Bind them on your fingers;
write them on the tablet of your heart.